FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Major Lafayette Woods, Jr.
Operation Commander/Public Information Officer
SHERIFF’S OFFICE PREPARES FOR 9TH ANNUAL “SHERIFF’S FUN DAY”: Jefferson County, Arkansas – June 11, 2015 – On Saturday, June 13, 2015 beginning at 9:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m., the Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office will be hosting its 9th Annual Sheriff’s Fun Day Event at the Martin Luther King, Jr. Park located at 809 N. Haverty Street in Pine Bluff, AR. Last year’s event was a success and the effects on our youth were far reaching; drawing hundreds to a day filled with free food, fun, entertainment, and giveaways.
The mission of Sheriff’s Fun Day over which Sheriff Gerald Robinson oversees is to “work to encourage the quality of life and positive development of capable youth by promoting a drug free way of life through education and prevention activities. Sheriff Robinson believes that all children and families should have equal access to all age–appropriate activities. Sheriff’s Fun Day will provide a safe and drug free environment where all children and families experience caring and encouragement. “The Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office is committed to positively impacting the lives of all youth to include those who are underprivileged.”
The public is invited and encouraged to attend this year’s Sheriff’s Fun Day, where activities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Fishing Derby sponsored in part by the Jefferson County Soil & Conservation District along with the Arkansas Game & Fish Commission *BRING YOUR OWN POLE (Bait will be provided)
- Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office K-9 Drug Detention/Suspect Apprehension Demo
- Special appearance by Disney’s Mickey and Minnie Mouse as well as other characters.
- Pine Bluff Fire & Emergency Services “Fire Safety House”
- Live Petting Zoo & Horseback Rides
- Amusement Rides & Bounce Houses
- Dozens of Prize Giveaways including bikes and gaming consoles